Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lessons from My Cat - Shedding the Old



Meet Tip, my long-haired calico feline fur buddy.  Oh the joy of a long haired cat.  Every time I pet her I find myself in a cloud of flying fur bits.  She simply cannot groom herself enough to remove her shedding fur.  I think I brush the equivalent of a kitten off her daily.  God bless the Furminator, a wonderful brush/tool, especially during shedding season. 

The fur she needed for warmth in winter is no longer necessary in the hot summer months.  When you consider the seasons of your life, what is something that was helpful in the past yet is no longer needed?  What might you shed in order to travel lighter?  What might you release in order to more fully experience your present season/experience?

When you think of releasing old ways of thinking or behaving, what resources can you gather to support and encourage your growth?  What can you handle on your own?  What trusted friends, advisors, coaches or counselors are available to you?  Who do you trust to help you by gently brushing away what no longer serves you?  What other resources may help you recognize and release the "fur" of past experiences?



No comments: